Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homecoming & beyond!

These last couple weeks have been crazy. It was the time when all the first tests hit. I know a few people who had 3 exams this last week! My schedule wasn't nearly as intense. I had an exam last Friday in my Research Methods class, a Spanish presentation on Monday, and an exam in Advertising on Tuesday. After Tuesday I took time to get ahead in some reading, go to dance team practice, and get ready for Homecoming!!!

The festivities started at the first of the week with decorating, powder puff football, men's sand volleyball, and such. Thursday night may have well been considered part of the weekend as it was the night of Homecoming Follies. Follies are basically a talent show full of ridiculousness--none of the acts are serious. It showcases the Homecoming court consisting of 5 queen candidates and 5 king candidates.

Friday night consisted of the Homecoming concert with all the bands and choirs. It was such a great concert! I had to drag a friend along & she probably ended up enjoying it more than I did. (I had 9 residents in the program, so it was really cool to see all of them!) The choir was directly followed by the bonfire. I didn't make it to the bonfire this year--we watched the Presidential Debate. At the bonfire the Homecoming Court is announced and all of the sports teams have representatives speak. I think that if there were smores at the bonfire, I definitely would have been there!

I was up early Saturday morning to get ready for the Homecoming parade. As President of the Environmental Club, I arranged for us to ride Coe Bikes in the parade. We decorated the bicycles with recyclables! They rocked! My favorite part were the cans dragging behind the bikes. The parade is pretty small, only circling the football field, but has quite a few participates from the Homecoming Court, to sororities and fraternities, to the cheerleaders. After the parade there are always brats by the field and the football game begins. We played Loras this year and were seconds away from beating them. It was 14-14 and they scored with 2 seconds left on the clock. Some are saying the clock ran out before they started the play, but who knows.

After the game I watched a movie with Sara and started getting ready for the dance!! A huge group of us went out the dinner at the Irish Democrat (pretty much a pub) and then came back to Coe to get ready. We took a shuttle to the dance; it is always in a ballroom at the Crown Plaza. It is simply the best time ever!! The room is packed and hot and sweaty and everyone is dancing and eating (there are always awesome food tables). Last night I ran into a ton of people I knew and we danced the entire night. I can back with my boyfriend and made pizza rolls at like 3 in the morning. Haha. It was fun. But, don't worry, I'm already up and starting homework. I have a paper due tomorrow, ugh.

0 comments: