Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Symposium Day & My Thesis [the thing that has consumed my life]

So yesterday I presented at Research Symposium Day for the first time ever. I was pretty nervous, but it went ok. Research Symposium Day is an annual tradition at Coe. One day, late in the spring semester, there are no classes, but instead presentations from all of the students who have completed research that year. The idea is, that without classes, all students and professors can attend. There was a good sized crowd and everyone seemed to enjoy my topic.

My presentation was a summary of my senior honors thesis I have been working on since last summer. My thesis is about analyzing the trends of environmental advertising. I'll save you from any further explanation. Or maybe I am saving myself!

I believe I have just finished the final version of my thesis. It is 50 pages long and has taken me forever to write. I will submit it tomorrow to my thesis defense committee. On Monday I will meet with my committee so I can defend my thesis. Wording it this way makes me imagine I will have to fight with a sword or something. I will be using only words on Monday to convince my committee that my thesis is qualified to be labeled an honors thesis. Once/if this is completed I will graduate with honors and finally be able to have a life again! I hope to enjoy the last couple weeks of my college career though I know they will be filled with finals, preparing to move, and all sorts of other things that are not fun. I'm not complaining, it is all just going by so quickly...

0 comments: