Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hi

So...

I am sitting here on a Saturday night watching TV and cruising around the internet. It is my first weekend duty this semester. As a Resident Assistant I am on duty 4-5 times a month. Thank goodness it is not always on the weekends--I enjoy spending Friday and Saturday nights with my friends. Last night we watched a movie, went to Blindspot, and the to the Late Night Friday night event. Blindspot is a monthly talent show open to the entire campus. Students are allowed to do anything they like as long as they don't harm themselves, the audience, or the space. Most people just sing or read poetry, but you have a crazy act every once in a while. One time one of my friends had his head shaved at Blindspot! Another time a bunch of girls laid down a sheet of plastic, squirted paint everywhere and rolled around it! Last night was pretty standard, no paint or shaving, but it was still very good. The Late Night Friday event last night was cookie decorating, so we all had a few cookies, haha. Late night events vary from a movie, ice skating, or water balloon wars to DDR and pizza. After our cookies we went to go hang out with a few friends.

Today I took advantage of the opportunity to sleep! I work hard durning the week, so taking time to rest is pretty nice. I did a bit of homework and the dance team performed at halftime of the basketball game. Tomorrow will bring a LOT of homework.

Have a good day!

0 comments: