Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Super Exciting Semester at Coe

I've survived the first week and am well on my way to making through the second! I am LOVING my classes this semester. Here is my schedule:

--Social Psychology: a really fascinating class looking at how people's environment influences their behavior.

--Creativity: this is a psychology seminar class meaning it is an upper level, discussion-based class where we have already explored some interesting questions surrounding the origins of creativity and the association between creativity and psychosis (mental illnesses).

--Painting I: an entry level art class with the same professor I had for 2 courses last semester. We've already started our first painting--it is a bit abstract helping us learn about shape and value relationship before we dive into still life. I spent a leisurely hour after class yesterday working the project :)

--Directed Studies in Writing: this is an arranged course meaning it is just the professor and I--we meet when it works for the both of us. I chose one of my favorite professors at Coe for this course, Susanne Gubanc, and am loving it. This class is the last of my PR major and is designed to help me build my portfolio (writing and designing things like news releases and such). Susanne is taking it to the next level introducing me to some online and digital media work. My first project is to create a digital picture story using my new Flip camera.

--Intro to PR: I am not actually enrolled in this course, but am auditing it. This means I can sit in on classes lectures, but do not do the homework nor do I receive any credit for the course. The class is being taught by the Director of Marketing and Public Relations for Coe so it is really interesting hearing his real work perspective. I am not taking the course for credit as I do not feel I have enough time for a fifth class this semester, but am really grateful for the opportunity to be part of the class anyways.

Anyways...that's my awesome schedule in a nut shell. I am really looking forward to the semester and all that will come!

0 comments: