Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rock & Roll!

Rock and Roll: the theme of my life for the past 4 days.

I just returned from Cleveland, Ohio (my first visit to the state) where I attended a Business Communications Conference with 2 Coe professors and 5 other students. The theme of the conference: Communication Rocks!

What's with all the rock and roll? Cleveland is home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! And we were lucky enough to spend an entire morning there! I loved it. Anything from Woodstock to Elvis' purple Cadillac to Micheal Jackson's sparkling glove....I saw it all! Probably could have spent days at the kiosks full of hit music.

The rest of the trip was really good too. At the conference I was able to attend a resume, apprentice, and networking workshop where the panel consisted of professionals in the PR field. SO COOL! I basically spent 3 days brushing sleeves with people who have been in the business for years and really know there stuff. (PR is where I hope to be someday!).

I even had a glimpse of fame when I was selected out of the 200+ crowd to come on stage by one of the keynote speakers. Long story, but I ended up on stage with a full body suit and mask with the nickname, "pudding girl" haha.
[http://twitpic.com/m566p or http://twitpic.com/m56kl]

Anyways, I'll stop rambling about my trip and show off some of the pictures I took!


Cleveland skyline :)


Me with the guitars of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum :)


Nick and his best Micheal Jackson move at the Rock and Roll Museum, haha.


GIANT billboard of Lebran James. Can you see Erin? She is the tiny person in front!


Pretty fountain in downtown Cleveland.


The Cleveland Browns! (I don't really watch football, lol)

0 comments: